To download this form:
2016_BBMF_Fine_Arts_Crafts_Pre-Application.pdf (271.3 KiB, 804 hits)
Or to fill out online use the form below:
2016 BOGGY BAYOU MULLET FESTIVAL FINE ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW
The Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival Fine Arts & Crafts Show will be held Friday through Sunday, October 21, 22, and 23, 2016 and is an invitation only show. The show is open to artists/craftsmen with original works which are exclusive creations of the exhibitor. Manufactured, imported, commercial, or kit works are not allowed.
several thousands visitors attend the three-day outdoor festival which is in its 40th year. Approximately 70 spaces are available for arts and crafts show applicants selected to participate. Participants will also be eligible for cash awards.
Application & Selection
Before being issued an invitation, prospective applicants must submit 3 clear photos of the artists’/crafters’ work and complete a brief narrative on the pre-application form. Tue photos should be representative of tbe greater part of the work being displayed and must be the original work of the applicant. Please make sure the applicant’s name appears on each of the submitted photos. Criteria for selection includes: creativity and originality, design and composition, and craftsmanship and skill.
Judging begins at 10:00 AM on Saturday morning. Cash awards totaling over $2,000.00 will be presented upon completion of the judging. A “Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival Purchase Award” with a cash prize of $1000.00 may also be awarded at the discretion of the Mullet Festival Committee. The “Purchase Award” subject should be indicative of the local area and will be the sole responsibility of the Mullet Festival Committee Members. Tue “Purchase Award” becomes the property of the Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival, Incorporated and will be displayed as a part of the festival’s permanent collection.
Booth Information & Fees
The fee for a I O’ wide by 20′ deep booth space is $125.00. All display materials, canopies, tables, etc. must be contained within the booth dimensions. With special permission of the Mullet Festival Committee, an applicant may purchase up to two side-by-side spaces. Fees should be sent only after acceptance has been received -Do Not Include Fees with This Application. Electricity will be provided, but exhibitors should provide their own lights for the evening hours.
• Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and remitting the Florida Sales Tax (6%). Tax forms will be provided at the festival by representatives from the State of Florida.
• No pets are allowed in the exhibit area.
• No radios, tape players, offensive noise or selling outside assigned booth area will be permitted.
• Security is provided. The Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival will not be held responsible for loss or damage for any reason.
• Include stamped, self-addressed envelope to expedite notification process.
• After initial selection, exhibitors will be selected on a space available basis in the individual categories.